About High Road Training Partnerships
The High Road Training Partnerships (HRTP) initiative started as a $10M demonstration project designed to model partnership strategies for the state. Ranging from transportation to health care to hospitality, the HRTP model embodies the sector approach championed by the Board — industry partnerships that deliver equity, sustainability, and job quality. Along with these program investments, the Board is producing a body of policy and principle to guide related undertakings across the workforce system. Indeed, the initiative was designed as a campaign — to advance a field of practice that simultaneously addresses urgent questions of income inequality, economic competitiveness, and climate change through regional skills strategies designed to support economically and environmentally resilient communities across the state. The industry-based, worker-focused training partnerships build skills for California’s “high road” employers — firms that compete based on quality of product and service achieved through innovation and investment in human capital, and can thus generate family-supporting jobs where workers have agency and voice.
- Executive Summary – Assessment of the California Workforce Development Board’s High Road Training Partnership Initiative
- Full Report – Assessment of the California Workforce Development Board’s High Road Training Partnership Initiative
- High Road to Distribution and Logistics
- High Road to Janitorial
- High Road to Healthcare
- High Road to Hospitality
- High Road to the Port
- High Road to the Public Sector
- High Road to Public Transit
- High Road to Water
- Learn more about recently funded HRTP projects here
Award Announcement: California receives Education Stabilization Fund—Reimagine Workforce Preparation (ESF–RWP) Grants Program dollars to support High Road Training Partnerships and High Road Construction Careers.
See the full announcement here.
The Guidelines for California Workforce Development Board Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund Administration were drafted and posted for public comment through June 15, 2020. The document contains edits as a reflection of public comment received. Where applicable, edits will also be incorporated into Requests for Applications for these funds.
HRTP Low Carbon Economy Workforce Program Request for Applications
The California Workforce Development Board is pleased to announce High Road Training Partnership Awards for the closed solicitation.
Important Dates for Open Solicitation #59210
|Award Announcement||February 2021*|
|Program Start Date||June 1, 2021*|
|Grant Term||June 1, 2021 – March 31, 2023 (22-Months)|
*Note – All dates after the final proposal submission deadline are approximate and may be adjusted as conditions dictate.
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation
California Workforce Development Board
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 1022
Sacramento CA 95814