High Road Training Partnerships
The High Road Training Partnerships (HRTP) initiative started as a $10M demonstration project designed to model partnership strategies for the state. Ranging from transportation to health care to hospitality, the HRTP model embodies the sector approach championed by the Board — industry partnerships that deliver equity, sustainability, and job quality. Along with these program investments, the Board is producing a body of policy and principle to guide related undertakings across the workforce system. Indeed, the initiative was designed as a campaign — to advance a field of practice that simultaneously addresses urgent questions of income inequality, economic competitiveness, and climate change through regional skills strategies designed to support economically and environmentally resilient communities across the state. The industry-based, worker-focused training partnerships build skills for California’s “high road” employers — firms that compete based on quality of product and service achieved through innovation and investment in human capital, and can thus generate family-supporting jobs where workers have agency and voice.
- Regional Workforce Strategies in Contra Costa County
- High Road to Janitorial: Building Skills Partnership
- High Road to Safe Reopening: Building Skills Partnership
- High Road to Electric Bus Manufacturing in Los Angeles County: BYD-SMART
- High Road to Long-Term Care
- High Road to Manufacturing in San Joaquin Valley
- High Road to the Future of Mobility
- High Road to Public Transit
- High Road to Agriculture
- High Road to Hospitality
- High Road to Logistics
- High Road to Water
- High Road to Regional Workforce Strategies: Kern County
- High Road to Public Utilities in Los Angeles
- High Road to Rural Resilience
- High Road to Energy Storage and Microgrids in California
- High Road to Building Decarbonization in the San Francisco Bay Area
- High Road to Healthcare
- High Road to Tree Trimming
- High Road to Food and Cannabis Processing
- High Road to Public Sector
- High Road to Offshore Wind
- High Road to Electric Bus Manufacturing in Los Angeles County
- High Road to Tribal Forest Stewardship
Award Announcement: California receives Education Stabilization Fund—Reimagine Workforce Preparation (ESF–RWP) Grants Program dollars to support High Road Training Partnerships and High Road Construction Careers.
See the full announcement here.
Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund Administration Guidelines
The Guidelines for California Workforce Development Board Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund Administration were drafted and posted for public comment through June 15, 2020. The document contains edits as a reflection of public comment received. Where applicable, edits will also be incorporated into Requests for Applications for these funds.
Low Carbon Economy Workforce Program
HRTP Low Carbon Economy Workforce Program Request for Applications
The California Workforce Development Board is pleased to announce High Road Training Partnership Awards for the closed solicitation.
Important Dates for Open Solicitation #59210
|Award Announcement||February 2021*|
|Program Start Date||June 1, 2021*|
|Grant Term||June 1, 2021 – March 31, 2023 (22-Months)|
*Note – All dates after the final proposal submission deadline are approximate and may be adjusted as conditions dictate.
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation