Established by Executive Order in response to the mandate of the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998 (Public Law 105-220), the Board assists the Governor in setting and guiding policy in the area of workforce development.
The California Workforce Development Board (CWDB) is responsible for assisting the Governor in performing the duties and responsibilities required by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014.
All members of the Board are appointed by the Governor and represent the many facets of workforce development – business, labor, public education, higher education, economic development, youth activities, employment and training, as well as the Legislature.
The Board meets on a regular basis and the public is encouraged to attend the meetings. Decisions are reached through a collaborative process.
- Press Release – March 12, 2021
As the state continues to make strides towards a low carbon economy, the California Workforce Development Board (CWDB) has announced an investment of $5.6 million to expand and improve the work of the High Road Construction Careers (HRCC) initiative.
- Press Release – February 22, 2021
The California Workforce Development Board (CWDB) announces its latest round of High Road Training Partnership (HRTP) grant awards totaling $8.9 million for sector-based workforce development projects in several industries and areas that are critical to the state’s strategy for a just recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and economic crisis while addressing climate change and community resilience.
- Just Announced – Workforce Accelerator 9.0 Request for Applications is now available! For details, go to the Accelerator Initiative page.
- Press Release – January 21, 2021
As California charts a path to recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and economic crisis, the California Workforce Development Board (CWDB) effort to build and expand High Road Training Partnerships (HRTP) across the state has been nationally recognized as an emerging best practice to enhance job quality through industry partnerships.
- Press Release – December 11, 2020
As California charts a path to recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and economic crisis, the California Workforce Development Board (CWDB) announced today the latest round of grant awards for the High Road Training Partnerships (HRTP) program.
- California Workforce Development Board Annual Report 2019
- Press Release – November 9, 2020
In celebration of National Apprenticeship Week (NAW) 2020, the California Workforce Development Board (CWDB) presents PAVING THE HIGH ROAD TO A RESILIENT ECONOMY: The Power of Pre-Apprenticeship for Equity, Climate, and Quality Jobs.
- Press Release – October 29, 2020
CPUC and State Workforce Development Board sign agreement to advance shared prosperity as California transitions to zero-emissions energy and transportation system.
Current job openings with the California Workforce Development Board:
There are currently no job opportunities available. Please check back later for updates.
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation