California WIOA Unified Strategic Workforce Development Plan 2016-2020
• Provides WIOA-mandated guidance for workforce development throughout the state.
Local Workforce Development Board Regional Plans 2017- 2020
• View regional plans and their associated partners.
Local Board Executive Summaries and Strategic Plans PY2017-2020
• Local workforce system details, including links to local strategic plans and America's Job Centers of California. Provides further information about the role of local workforce development boards.
California Workforce Development Board Policy Briefs
• Policy briefs intended to provide Local Boards and their local and regional planning partners with useful information on best practices and model partnerships they should consider as they work to realize the policy objectives of the WIOA State Plan.
25% Additional Assistance Grants
• To view grants approved to provide services to dislocated workers resulting from large layoff events, please visit this link.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Implementation Resources
• Find information and access to current state, federal and national resources regarding the implementation of WIOA in California.
EDD WIOA Statewide Policy and Guidance Resources
• When the State Board recommends to the Governor or acts through its own authority to establish policies and provide information and guidance to the state workforce development system, these actions are also published by the Employment Development Department in the form of Directives and Information Notices.
Links to federal and state workforce legislation impacting the work of the California Workforce Development Board.
Federal Legislation and Guidance
WIOA 2015 Comments US Department of Labor NPRM RIN 1205-AB73
WIOA 2015 Comments Departments of Education and Labor Combined NPRM RIN 1205-AB74
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
United States Department of Labor Employment and Training Agency Advisories and Memorandums
WIOA California Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (AB1270, Statutes of 2015)
Supervised Population Workforce Training Grant (AB 2060, Statues of 2014)
Education and Workforce Investment Systems (SB118, Statues of 2013)
Apprenticeship Training and Coordination (AB554, Statues of 2011)
Workforce Development: High Performing Boards (SB698, Statues of 2011)
State and Local Investment Boards: Funding (SB 734, Statues of 2011)
Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (AB 29, Statues of 2011)
California Green Collar Jobs Act of 2008 (AB 3018, Statues of 2008)
California Workforce Training Act (SB 293, Statues of 2006)
Investing in the California Workforce
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation
California Workforce Development Board
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 1022
Sacramento CA 95814