Workforce Accelerator Fund
The California Workforce Development Board and the Employment Development Department funded projects that design, develop, and implement projects that accelerate employment and re-employment strategies for California job seekers. The State Board and EDD will fund projects and partnerships to create and prototype innovative strategies that bridge education and workforce gaps for targeted populations, and initial implementation of promising models and practices in workforce system service delivery infrastructure.
Projects accelerate skill development, employment, and reemployment for one or more of the target populations (long-term unemployed, returning veterans, individuals with disabilities, low-income workers, CalWORKS participants, disconnected youth, ex-offenders, and immigrant job seekers).
Workforce Accelerator Fund Goals:
- Improve labor market and skills outcomes for the target groups through the development of strategies that fill gaps, accelerate processes, or customize services to ensure greater access to workforce services and employment opportunities.
- Implement, replicate and scale successful innovations that emerged from previous Accelerator projects.
- Create new modes for service delivery and funding alignment that can be replicated across the State and tailored to regional needs.
- Leverage State investment with commitments from industry, labor, public, and community partners.
Workforce Accelerator Fund: Materials Library
– materials, publications, PowerPoints, etc.
The California Workforce Development Board is now accepting applications for Workforce Accelerator 6.0 Projects.
October 13, 2017 – Last FAQ Posted
October 16, 2017, 3PM PST – Applications DUE*
*For applicants in counties affected by the fires, the State Board may grant an extension of up to 10 days. Please notify us through the CWDBInfo@cwdb.ca.gov mailbox to request an extension. Be sure to include your organization name and county.*
Questions regarding the instructions for this RFA may be sent to: CWDBInfo@cwdb.ca.gov
Please use “WAF 6.0 Question” in the subject line. Cumulative questions and answers will be posted to the State Board’s website under the Initiatives tab on a weekly basis through Friday, October 13, 2017.
Cover Page & Forms Workbook
Form F2, Budget Narrative
NEW Project Matrix
INNOVATION IMPACT Project Matrix
ACCELERATOR2 Project Matrix
NEW BUSINESS AS USUAL Project Matrix
INNOVATION IMPACT NETWORK Project Matrix
Workforce Accelerator Fund 5.0 Award Announcements
To view the award announcements click here.
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation
California Workforce Development Board
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 1022
Sacramento CA 95814