Workforce Accelerator Fund
The California Workforce Development Board and the Employment Development Department funded projects that design, develop, and implement projects that accelerate employment and re-employment strategies for California job seekers. The State Board and EDD will fund projects and partnerships to create and prototype innovative strategies that bridge education and workforce gaps for targeted populations, and initial implementation of promising models and practices in workforce system service delivery infrastructure.
Projects accelerate skill development, employment, and reemployment for one or more target populations.
Workforce Accelerator Fund Goals:
- Improve labor market and skills outcomes for the target groups through the development of strategies that fill gaps, accelerate processes, or customize services to ensure greater access to workforce services and employment opportunities.
- Implement, replicate and scale successful innovations that emerged from previous Accelerator projects.
- Create new modes for service delivery and funding alignment that can be replicated across the State and tailored to regional needs.
- Leverage State investment with commitments from industry, labor, public, and community partners.
Request for Applications for Workforce Accelerator Fund 9.0
The California Workforce Development Board (CWDB) and the Employment Development Department (EDD) are pleased to announce the availability of up to $7.4 million in Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds to design, develop, and implement projects that will drive equitable recovery with quality jobs and accelerate employment and re-employment for California workers.
See the full Request for Applications here.
- Project Type: New Project
- Project Type: Innovation Impact Project
- Project Type: Technical Assistance and Support
If you are applying for more than one project type, separate applications MUST be submitted. Combined applications will be automatically denied during the technical review.
Additional information, RFA resources and application forms are available on our Accelerator Initiative Page
WAF 9.0 Application Workshop
Posted weekly through March 5, 2021. Q&A as of 02/26/2021
- Submit questions to WAF@cwdb.ca.gov
- Use “WAF 9.0 Question” in the subject line
- Final Q&A posting will be March 5th by 5:00PM.
- Final questions must be submitted by Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 12:00PM Pacific Time.
March 8, 2021 (by 3:00 PM Pacific)
Late applications will not be accepted.
Program Start Date:
June 1, 2021
June 1 2021 – December 30, 2022
Technical Assistance thru June 2023
*Note – All dates after the final proposal submission deadline are approximate and may be adjusted as conditions dictate.
Workforce Accelerator Fund 8.0 Award Announcements
To view the award announcements: WAF 8.0 Award Announcements
Workforce Accelerator Fund 7.0 Award Announcements
To view the award announcements: WAF 7.0 Award Announcements
Workforce Accelerator Fund 6.0 Award Announcements
To view the award announcement: WAF 6.0 Award Announcements
Workforce Accelerator Fund 5.0 Award Announcements
To view the award announcements: WAF 5.0 Award Announcements
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation
California Workforce Development Board
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 1022
Sacramento CA 95814