25 % Additional Assistance Grants
Additional Assistance Grants
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act authorizes the Governor to set aside up to 25 percent of the state’s Dislocated Worker funds to support California’s Rapid Response system and provide Additional Assistance (AA) grants. The AA funds are available exclusively to Local Workforce Development Areas (Local Areas) that experience sudden and large increases of unemployment due to natural disasters, mass layoffs, or other events.
These funds are to provide direct services to dislocated workers when local resources are inadequate to meet the demand for increased career and training services in the local America’s Job Centers of CaliforniaSM.
State Policy Guidance
Directive 16-15 provides the state policy framework, along with the application requirements and review criteria.
The following projects have been approved and can be viewed in their entirety.
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation
California Workforce Development Board
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 1022
Sacramento CA 95814