Health Workforce Development Council
To proactively address emerging health workforce challenges, in August 2010, the California Workforce Investment Board (the State Board)established the Health Workforce Development Council (HWDC) as a sub-committee of the State Board. The Council engages a broad range of public and private stakeholders to achieve its mission of helping to expand California’s health workforce in order to provide access to quality healthcare for all Californians. A core goal is to expand California’s full-time primary care workforce by 10-25% over the next ten years.
Report on Health Workforce Development Needs
The work of the Health Workforce Development Council (HWDC) and its sub-committees has been distilled into a concise report. The report is intended to serve numerous purposes – documentation/validation of the HWDC’s work to date, an informational/marketing piece for policy makers and stakeholders and a vision piece for its ongoing work.
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation