SlingShot seeks to seed collaborative efforts by employers and industry, government, workforce and economic development, and education stakeholders within a region to identify and then work to solve employment challenges that slow California’s economic engine — with regionally-selected solutions to regionally-defined problems.Click here for a broader overview.
The 5 Dimensions of Slingshot:
• We can make the greatest impact on major jobs and employment issues at the regional level.
• We must turn the tide on income mobility in California.
• We need to tackle big issues.
• We need to measure what we undertake.
• We must create the space to take risks
– materials, publications, PowerPoints, etc.
The California Workforce Development Board and the Labor and Workforce Development Agency have announced additional SlingShot funds to boost, expand and/or sustain awardees’ current SlingShot efforts. To see the award list click here.
upcoming events TBA
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation
California Workforce Development Board
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 1022
Sacramento CA 95814