SlingShot seeks to seed collaborative efforts by employers and industry, government, workforce and economic development, and education stakeholders within a region to identify and then work to solve employment challenges that slow California’s economic engine — with regionally-selected solutions to regionally-defined problems.Click here for a broader overview.
The 5 Dimensions of Slingshot:
• We can make the greatest impact on major jobs and employment issues at the regional level.
• We must turn the tide on income mobility in California.
• We need to tackle big issues.
• We need to measure what we undertake.
• We must create the space to take risks
The California Workforce Development Board is pleased to announce the availability of $4,940,000 for Regional Planning Unit (RPU) Projects, $200,000 for Technical Assistance and $200,000 for Evaluation in Regional Plan Implementation/Slingshot 4.0 (RPI 4.0) funds.
Release for Applications (RFA)
The RFA contains three application opportunities: RPU Projects, Technical Assistance and Evaluation. Each applicant must select the appropriate Exhibit D and then all must complete the Application Exhibit Workbook.
RPI 4.0 Application Documents
Q&A will be posted weekly on this page
Email questions to RPIinfo@cwdb.ca.gov with the subject line ‘RPI 4.0 Question’
Last day to submit questions is November 20, 2020 and final questions will be posted by November 27, 2020.
Questions and answers will be posted here weekly:
CWDB Questions and Answers
RPI 4.0 Application Webinar
RFA Release – October 14, 2020
Application Webinar – October 23, 2020
Final Q&A Submission – November 20, 2020
RFA Deadline – December 4, 2020, no later than 3pm PST
Award Announcements – February 2021
Estimated Grant Start Date – April 1, 2021
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation
California Workforce Development Board
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 1022
Sacramento CA 95814