The California Workforce Development Board (CWDB) recognizes that your privacy is a personal and fundamental right without exception. The CWDB will value and protect your privacy and place strict controls on the gathering and use of personally identifiable data. Your personal information is not disclosed, made available, or otherwise used for purposes other than those specified at or before the time of collection, except with your consent or as authorized by law or regulation.
Privacy concerns specific to CWDB are as follows:
- CWDB will only gather information through lawful means. Subsequent use of the information is limited to purposes not inconsistent with the purpose(s) given at the time of collection. California law permits that some information submitted or accessed by you to become public record under the Public Records Act. There are limitations that protect your personal information from inclusion within public records.
- Internet mail is a communication tool; however, any data you send via Internet mail is not secured or encrypted. If you complete a survey or send the Department an e-mail message, your e-mail address and the information submitted will be collected and may be provided to other State agencies to better serve your needs. Do not send any confidential or personal information via Internet mail such as your social security number, account number, credit card number, or other data that could be compromised.
- When you view information on the CWDB website, some non-confidential data may be collected, such as the time and date of access and where you went during your visit. The Web site may place and subsequently retrieve simple text files called “cookies” that identify you and your computer to our Internet site. Cookies do not contain personal or confidential information about you and will only be used to monitor activity on this Web site.
- Information voluntarily provided by you will be protected by the appropriate computer, network, and Internet technical security controls at the employee and departmental level to prevent unauthorized access.
- CWDB employees will only use personal information submitted by you on a need-to-know basis in order to provide information or services. CWDB employees are educated regarding the requirements of working with confidential and personally identifiable information as well as the consequences of misuse. CWDB will not sell or distribute your personal information to any non-governmental entity without your consent or as authorized by law or regulation.
- The CWDB does not store or use personal information submitted by you any longer than necessary. If no longer required and in order to prevent unauthorized access or use of your e-mail address or personal information, it will be deleted or by other means of authorized confidential destruction. Regularly scheduled archiving, purging, and proper disposal of records and information is a standard practice in use with the Board.
- Information on this Web site is public domain and may be copied and used as permitted by law, with the exception of pictures and official symbols. While CWDB attempts to maintain a high degree of accuracy, the Board will not be held liable for errors or omissions that may occur.
As a public agency, CWDB understands the importance of maintaining your privacy and will make every attempt to maintain your confidence and trust regarding the collection and use of your personal information.
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation
California Workforce Development Board
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 1022
Sacramento CA 95814