Workforce Accelerator Fund
WORKFORCE ACCELERATOR FUND
The California Workforce Development Board (State Board) and the Employment Development Department (EDD) are pleased to announce the availability of up to $500,000 in Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I Governor’s Discretionary funds to assess and evaluate two of the State Board’s signature innovation initiatives: SlingShot and Workforce Accelerator Fund (Accelerator). Through this Request for Application (RFA), the State Board will fund three types of Innovation Evaluation Projects: Workforce Accelerator Fund Evaluation; SlingShot Evaluation; Innovation Evaluation Coordinator.
The Innovation Evaluation Request for Applications is now available here.
Applications DUE: 5/25/2017 before 3 p.m. PST
The California Workforce Development Board and the Employment Development Department funded projects that design, develop, and implement projects that accelerate employment and re-employment strategies for California job seekers. The State Board and EDD will fund projects and partnerships to create and prototype innovative strategies that bridge education and workforce gaps for targeted populations, and initial implementation of promising models and practices in workforce system service delivery infrastructure.
Projects accelerate skill development, employment, and reemployment for one or more of the target populations (long-term unemployed, returning veterans, individuals with disabilities, low-income workers, CalWORKS participants, disconnected youth, ex-offenders, and immigrant job seekers).
Workforce Accelerator Fund Goals:
- Improve labor market and skills outcomes for the target groups through the development of strategies that fill gaps, accelerate processes, or customize services to ensure greater access to workforce services and employment opportunities.
- Implement, replicate and scale successful innovations that emerged from previous Accelerator projects.
- Create new modes for service delivery and funding alignment that can be replicated across the State and tailored to regional needs.
- Leverage State investment with commitments from industry, labor, public, and community partners.
Eligible Applicants: Accelerator 3.0 Grantees
Letters of Intent DUE: CLOSED
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation
California Workforce Development Board
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 1022
Sacramento CA 95814