SlingShot seeks to seed collaborative efforts by employers and industry, government, workforce and economic development, and education stakeholders within a region to identify and then work to solve employment challenges that slow California’s economic engine — with regionally-selected solutions to regionally-defined problems.Click here for a broader overview.
The 5 Dimensions of Slingshot:
• We can make the greatest impact on major jobs and employment issues at the regional level.
• We must turn the tide on income mobility in California.
• We need to tackle big issues.
• We need to measure what we undertake.
• We must create the space to take risks
– materials, publications, PowerPoints, etc.
Request for Applications:
The California Workforce Development Board (State Board) and the Employment Development Department (EDD) are pleased to announce the availability of up to $500,000 in Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I Governor’s Discretionary funds to assess and evaluate two of the State Board’s signature innovation initiatives: SlingShot and Workforce Accelerator Fund (Accelerator). Through this Request for Application (RFA), the State Board will fund three types of Innovation Evaluation Projects: Workforce Accelerator Fund Evaluation; SlingShot Evaluation; Innovation Evaluation Coordinator.
The Innovation Evaluation Request for Applications is now available here.
Applications DUE: CLOSED
Regional In-Person: Sustaining Industry Engagement
One Stop Center
Garden Grove Conference Room
7077 Orangewood Avenue, STE 200
Garden Grove, CA 92841
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
10:00AM – 2:00PM
Seats are limited. To RSVP by June 16, 2017, click HERE
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation
California Workforce Development Board
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 1022
Sacramento CA 95814