The overarching goal of California’s Strategic Workforce Development Plan is the reorientation and realignment of California’s workforce programs and institutions to support a dynamic and globally successful state economy that offers all residents – including the most vulnerable – an opportunity for a higher quality of life.
Projects highlighted on this page demonstrate the implementation of this vision by communities and regions throughout California. The projects have been broken out into their own separate links. Please click the link of interest to you.
The California Workforce Development Board (State Board) and the Employment Development Department (EDD) are pleased to announce the availability of up to $500,000 in Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I Governor’s Discretionary funds to assess and evaluate two of the State Board’s signature innovation initiatives: SlingShot and Workforce Accelerator Fund (Accelerator). Through this Request for Application (RFA), the State Board will fund three types of Innovation Evaluation Projects: Workforce Accelerator Fund Evaluation; SlingShot Evaluation; Innovation Evaluation Coordinator.
Big Ideas in Workforce Innovation now available electronically, here.
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation
California Workforce Development Board
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 1022
Sacramento CA 95814