California Workforce Development Board
Established by Executive Order in response to the mandate of the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998 (Public Law 105-220), the Board assists the Governor in setting and guiding policy in the area of workforce development.
The California Workforce Development Board (State Board) is responsible for assisting the Governor in performing the duties and responsibilities required by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014.
All members of the Board are appointed by the Governor and represent the many facets of workforce development – business, labor, public education, higher education, economic development, youth activities, employment and training, as well as the Legislature.
The Board meets on a regular basis and the public is encouraged to attend the meetings. Decisions are reached through a collaborative process.
The Board’s Strategic Plan directs its work in providing guidance to the statewide workforce investment system.
The California Workforce Development Board Business Services Resource Catalog Volume II, Issue 2 is now available!
- The annual Building Workforce Partnerships Conference is scheduled for March 21-23, 2017 in Southern California. The annual event draws together a diverse and national group of labor leaders, local and state policymakers, community advocates, environmentalists, educators, and job training and economic development professionals to debate the critical issues of the economy and the future of our society. This unique event is ultimately about collaboration — only working together can labor, business, government, and communities bridge the economic needs of working families and the challenge of sustainable economic recovery and growth.
- Celebrate #EITCAwarenessDay by learning if you qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit $$$ http://caleitc4me.org/ #ItsYourMoneyGetIt #CalEITC
- English Language Learners Policy Brief January 2017
The California Labor Workforce & Development Agency in conjunction with the State Board have released a Policy Brief on best practices to assist locals in delivering services to the English Language Learner Population.
- Workforce Accelerator Fund Award Announcement
The State Board is pleased to announce the Accelerator 4.0 awardees. Please follow the link to our Initiatives Page for the full list of awardees.
- CalWORKs Policy Brief
Building Career Pathways for CalWORKs Participants Using Best Practices and Model Partnerships. Read more about it here. Click on the link.
The California Workforce Development Board is committed to ensuring support and assistance to small businesses in California. If you are a small business owner and need assistance with hiring employees, job training, or other matters, please contact our Small Business Liaison.
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation