California Workforce Development Board
- The California Workforce Development Board and the Labor and Workforce Development Agency have announced the Model High Road Training Partnership (HRTP) Initiative HRTP Award Announcement 041916 grants.
- Today (April 5, 2017), California Labor and Workforce Development Agency Secretary David M. Lanier issued the following statement urging the Legislature to pass SB 1 – the Road Legislature to pass SB 1 – the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017 – and highlighting the significant investments in pre-apprenticeship job training included in the proposal.
- Final English Language Learner’s Question and Answer from RFA March 27, 2017
- Questions and Answer from English Language Learner’s RFA March 24, 2017
- Question and Answer for English Language Learner’s RFA – March 15, 2017
- The State Board’s latest policy brief explores emerging best practices and model partnerships for serving Out-Of-School Youth under WIOA and the California WIOA Unified Strategic Workforce Development Plan. Read about it here.
- March 13, 2017 2nd set of Questions & Answers concerning the ELL RFA. Please click here.
- Question and Answers from the recent March 8th 2017 English Language Learner’s and Immigrant Workforce Request For Application (RFA) has been posted. They can be found here.
- State Workforce Development Board Meeting – March 16, 2017. Please see the agenda for locations and additional information.
- In the spring of 2017, the U.S. Department of Labor, in collaboration with its Education and Health and Human Services partners, will host three national convenings. These convenings will continue to support WIOA implementation, building upon the regulations and guidance, virtual training, and resources already available to the system. Click here to learn more about the 2017 National Convening to be held in San Diego, Ca.
- The English Language Learners and Immigrant Workforce Navigator Workshop Request For Applications originally scheduled for today has been postponed to Wednesday, March 8, 2017. The meeting time is set for 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm. The Adobe Connect webinar link is here. Phone number: 866-434-5269, Participant: 2553735
- The annual Building Workforce Partnerships Conference is scheduled for March 21-23, 2017 in Southern California. The annual event draws together a diverse and national group of labor leaders, local and state policymakers, community advocates, environmentalists, educators, and job training and economic development professionals to debate the critical issues of the economy and the future of our society. This unique event is ultimately about collaboration — only working together can labor, business, government, and communities bridge the economic needs of working families and the challenge of sustainable economic recovery and growth.
- Celebrate #EITCAwarenessDay by learning if you qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit $$$ http://caleitc4me.org/ #ItsYourMoneyGetIt #CalEITC
- English Language Learners Policy Brief January 2017
The California Labor Workforce & Development Agency in conjunction with the State Board have released a Policy Brief on best practices to assist locals in delivering services to the English Language Learner (ELL) Population.
- Workforce Accelerator Fund Award Announcement
The State Board is pleased to announce the Accelerator 4.0 awardees. Please follow the link to our Initiatives Page for the full list of awardees.
- CalWORKs Policy Brief
Building Career Pathways for CalWORKs Participants Using Best Practices and Model Partnerships. Read more about it here. Click on the link.
The California Workforce Development Board is committed to ensuring support and assistance to small businesses in California. If you are a small business owner and need assistance with hiring employees, job training, or other matters, please contact our Small Business Liaison.
Established by Executive Order in response to the mandate of the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998 (Public Law 105-220), the Board assists the Governor in setting and guiding policy in the area of workforce development.
The California Workforce Development Board (State Board) is responsible for assisting the Governor in performing the duties and responsibilities required by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014.
All members of the Board are appointed by the Governor and represent the many facets of workforce development – business, labor, public education, higher education, economic development, youth activities, employment and training, as well as the Legislature.
The Board meets on a regular basis and the public is encouraged to attend the meetings. Decisions are reached through a collaborative process.
The Board’s Strategic Plan directs its work in providing guidance to the statewide workforce investment system.
The California Workforce Development Board Business Services Resource Catalog Volume II, Issue 2 is now available!
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation