California Workforce Development Board
- MAKING NEWS: SLINGSHOT: CA Program looks for solutions to skills gap. Click on CA Program hyperlink for details.
- Learn more about California’s Competitive Integrated Employment (CIE) Initiative including links to local resources here.
- The California Workforce Development Board is now accepting applications for Workforce Accelerator 6.0 Projects. For more information, click here.
- The California Workforce Development Board and the Labor and Workforce Development Agency have announced additional SlingShot funds to boost, expand and/or sustain awardees’ current SlingShot efforts. To see the award list click here.
- The California Workforce Development Board and the Employment Development Department (EDD) have announced the Innovation Evaluation RFA award grants: Innovation Evaluation Award Announcement.
- Rapid Response and Business Engagement National Summit
The MA Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development, in partnership with the U.S. Department of Labor, is hosting a national gathering of Workforce and Economic Development Professionals, Educators and Business Leaders who are interested in contributing to the success of businesses. The three day conference is scheduled for August 30, through September 1, 2017. Additional conference information and details are available at www.rapidresponsesummit.com
- The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) today announced a series of 28 workshops across California designed to help businesses apply for over $200 million in available California Competes Tax Credits (CCTC). There are a limited number of tickets available for each workshop. For more information and to register, please click California Competes Tax Credit Workshops
- On May 3, 2017, California Labor and Workforce Development Agency Secretary David M. Lanier issued the following statement on the Workforce Navigator Program for English Language Learners
- English Language Learners and Immigrant Workforce Information Notice has been released. See the funding stream here ELL – IW Web_Announcement 4-26-17.
- The California Workforce Development Board and the Labor and Workforce Development Agency have announced the Model High Road Training Partnership (HRTP) Initiative HRTP Award Announcement 041916 grants.
- The State Board’s latest policy brief explores emerging best practices and model partnerships for serving Out-Of-School Youth under WIOA and the California WIOA Unified Strategic Workforce Development Plan. Read about it here.
- March 13, 2017 2nd set of Questions & Answers concerning the ELL RFA. Please click here.
- English Language Learners Policy Brief January 2017
The California Labor Workforce & Development Agency in conjunction with the State Board have released a Policy Brief on best practices to assist locals in delivering services to the English Language Learner (ELL) Population.
- CalWORKs Policy Brief
Building Career Pathways for CalWORKs Participants Using Best Practices and Model Partnerships. Read more about it here. Click on the link.
The California Workforce Development Board is committed to ensuring support and assistance to small businesses in California. If you are a small business owner and need assistance with hiring employees, job training, or other matters, please contact our Small Business Liaison.
Established by Executive Order in response to the mandate of the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998 (Public Law 105-220), the Board assists the Governor in setting and guiding policy in the area of workforce development.
The California Workforce Development Board (State Board) is responsible for assisting the Governor in performing the duties and responsibilities required by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014.
All members of the Board are appointed by the Governor and represent the many facets of workforce development – business, labor, public education, higher education, economic development, youth activities, employment and training, as well as the Legislature.
The Board meets on a regular basis and the public is encouraged to attend the meetings. Decisions are reached through a collaborative process.
The Board’s Strategic Plan directs its work in providing guidance to the statewide workforce investment system.
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- EDD Policy & Guidance
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation